Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Fearlessly I will sing...

Nirbhay Nirgun Gun re Gavunga...

Kabir is a fabulous teacher. He chooses such apt words and emotions to make us understand the complex of complex things. He explains how simple the spiritual journey is.

Saint Kabir weaving chadar...

In his one of the most mystic bhajans (Nirguni Bhajan) Nirbhay Nirgun Gun re Gavunga... Kabir says "O lord, I will sing your glory fearlessly. I will be fearless in singing your attributes O' the one without attributes (formless, colorless, odorless, can not be heard, tasted with tongue or be touched).

Spiritual journey is actually an inquiry into one's own existence. its an inquiry into existence and non-existence and the relationship between these two. Its realizing true existence. An inquiry has to be open without any fear in mind about the ability or outcome. So being fearless is the first step in the path of realization. We are always under the influence of some or other fear. The fear is an outcome of either illusion or weakness to understand and tackle the situation. Illusion can be overcome by acquiring knowledge while weakness can be overcome by acquiring strength. Fearlessness is prerequisite as well as an outcome of spiritual quest.



Hence, Kabir says be fearless to know god.

Once you are 'fearless' then further journey is simple. Merging with that ultimate "oneness' is easy. There are multiple ways, methods, techniques to achieve it. Sunk yourself into Bhakti and you are there. Acquire the pure knowledge and you are there. Do the karma without desire for the fruits from it and you are there...

Here Kabir explains about the path of Kundalini Yoga to reach the Truth.

"Mula Kamal Drudh Aasan Bandhu Ji Ulti Pawan Chadhaunga"

Which means I will sit firm with my back straight. Muladhar the base chakra is the first point for prana to travel upwards. Hence I will be firm in my sitting lotus posture (in padmasana) and then will pull the prana upwards from muladhara.

"Man Mamata ko dur karau ji pancho tatt milavunga"

Which means all the desires, affection arising in my mind, I will control them with efforts and will merge myself in all the five elements seamlessly. So the identity crisis is over. You feel part of a greater scheme. You experience the greater scheme. The ultimate one.

"Ingala Pingala Sukhaman naadi ji Tirveni pe ho nahavunga"

In my technique of pulling prana upwards, I will use ingala, Pingala and Sushumna naadi.I will enjoy the bliss where all these confluence.Ingala is the left naadi also called at Chandra Naadi. Pingala is the right naadi also known as surya Naadi. Sushumna is the central nadi around which the two other naadis intertwine.

"Panch Pacchiso pakad mangavu ji ek hi doh lagavunga"

Though the above few steps look simple, they require great understanding and effort in the beginning to master them. Hence Kabir says I will try it many times to achieve the result. And there will be one ultimate effort where I will experience the magic of upward movement of prana and meeting the confluence.

"Shunya Shikhar par anahat baje ji raag chattis sunavunga"

When I achieve this, I reach the summit point. The shunya shikhar. The point where there is nothing beyond or there is nothing within. That ultimate emptiness, void. At this point where I am slefless. I am the wider self My existence is so cosmic, so complete with knowledge, which I will continuously enjoy.

"Kahat Kabir Suno Bhai Saadho, jeet nishan ghuravunga"

Kabir says that this is the ultimate victory over desirous mind and I will wave the flag of victory from this summit point.

Wow Kabir - The Simple Buddha!


Samarth Yogi Arwind, Rishikesh

No comments:

Post a Comment